How to Put an End to Back Pain and Stiffness Without Taking Painkillers, Without Risking Surgery, and Without Having to Wait to See the GP!
Take advantage of our FREE back pain guide!
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness, or an ache, it’s very tempting to think, "this is nothing, it will go away on its own." You'll simply you pass it off as having slept awkwardly or having a bit of stiffness that "everyone” your age suffers from.
If that’s you, you’re not alone. We hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica are THE most common problem that we see in our physical therapy clinics.
Why is This Happening to Me?
Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own. They’ll wake up one morning and like magic it’ll be as if back pain never happened. Then the harsh reality 6 months later is that you're still living with back pain - now often worse than it was when it came on.
What Can I Do To Get Rid Of My Back Pain Quickly?
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that Back pain will "just go away with time", but then in 6 months time they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed - or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises. The right exercises ,given to you by a physical therapist, will help reduce pain and allow you to move freely again. This will make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon or aggravate your back even more - like some exercises do.
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest. Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you then struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do for back pain is to rest and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, in order to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, hands-on Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy is proven to help people with low back pain. In fact, at Focus Physical Therapy, it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends, physical therapy will help get you back to living the life you deserve.
How Can Choosing to See a Physical therapist at Focus Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain?
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside of 3-8 sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your back pain once and for all
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep. We can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is corrected and healed properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”
We will help you get back to living free from the curse of chronic back pain
It's normal to feel nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy. You're unsure of its benefits or you're not sure if it's right for you or not. If that sounds like you, then start with a completely free, no obligation Discovery Session. This way, we can work with you to find out what is wrong and figure out what can be done, without any financial risk on your part
Another scenario we frequently see is our patients going to the doctors before seeing us, and the doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
This is rarely the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor because their pain hasn’t gotten any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 30+ are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
It’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told so many different things by different people. There are a lot of people out there who are happy to dispense advice, but not all of it is credible. This is one of the reasons why your pain lasts longer than it should.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something like lifting or sleeping awkwardly, but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak. Then, the lifting and the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing, back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as part of life. It's not normal or "just the way it is." You CAN achieve a pain free life!
If You’re Currently Living With Back Pain, Here Are are 7 Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You waited for it to go away on it’s own, but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor, who told you to rest and take painkillers. The pills did nothing to help your back and as soon as they wore off, your chronic Back pain struck again
3. A family member or friend told you that everybody gets back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or Physical Therapy in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or they made your back pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few massages, hoping that they would fix the pain, but they didn’t do anything to fix it long term
We all know the helpless feeling of trying everything and nothing is working. We want to give you the relief you FINALLY deserve. Click the link below to talk with one of our dedicated physical therapists and get the answers you've been waiting for. This phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make YOUR right decision.
We will help you get back to living free from the curse of chronic back pain and sciatica
Would you prefer to speak to a PT over the phone before coming to the clinic?
Get your FREE back pain guide here: