How Athletic Adults Can Get Fit (And Stay Fit), Despite Frustrating Sports Injuries
Don't Let Pain Keep You From Enjoying An Active Lifestyle
Take advantage of our FREE sports injury pain guide!
If you’ve recently picked up a sports injury, stiffness or an ache, it’s very tempting to think, "this is nothing, it will go away on its own." You'll simply you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or I've just got a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from.
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be shifting!
We know how to help people recover from Sports Injuries. When Pro athletes get injured - we started treatment the NEXT DAY
That is completely the opposite to the way that most people respond to getting a sports injury, and is why so many people suffering with a sports injury are asking themselves:
“Why is This Happening to Me?”
“Why Am I Still Suffering With Pain After Putting Up With It For 6 Months (Maybe More)?
Most people think that when they get a Sports Injury it’ll get better with a few days rest, and that they’ll be able to return to their sport or exercise again, quickly. But then when they go back to exercise again they’re still restricted - sometimes it’s even worse than it was when it first came on. Often when you rest there is little if any pain - but as soon as you start up again, it comes back and no matter how much rest you give it - it doesn’t seem to be improving.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we frequently see is our patients going to the doctors before seeing us, and the doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
This is rarely the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor because their pain hasn’t gotten any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 30+ are suffering with a sports related injury.
The problem is that when it comes to sports injuries -hamstrings, ankle sprains, runner's knee etc., - complete rest is rarely the best advice.
Has This Happened To You?
Maybe you’re confused and frustrated because you been told different things, by different people. Maybe you think you have a problem - but it’s actually the hip where the problem came from?
Sports injuries can be very confusing because more often than not, where the pain is coming from, isn’t actually the area that needs to be fixed and worked on and if you rest for too long - other parts of the body become just as, if not more problematic!
This confusion over “resting” often leads people to continue to procrastinate and put off making a decision about what to do to help fix their injury and return back to exercise. Worse, many people just end up accepting ‘their days of being active are over’ - as if it’s normal, as if it ‘has’ to be that way.
If You’re Currently Living With A Sports Injury, Here Are are 7 Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You waited for it to go away on it’s own, but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor, who told you to rest and take painkillers. The pills did nothing to help you and as soon as they wore off, your pain struck again
3. A family member or friend told you that everybody gets pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or Physical Therapy in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or they made your pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few massages, hoping that they would fix the pain, but they didn’t do anything to fix it long term
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of My Pain Quickly?”
Here are 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that your pain will "just go away with time", but then in 6 months time they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed - or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises. The right exercises ,given to you by a physical therapist, will help reduce pain and allow you to move freely again. This will make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon or aggravate your pain even more - like some exercises do.
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest. Have you ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you then struggle because your body feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do for pain is to rest and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest and sitting in awkward positions makes your body stiff and tight. It would help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, in order to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Get real, “hands-on” Physical Therapy. Physical Therapy is proven to help people with your pain. In fact, at Focus Physical Therapy, it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends, physical therapy will help get you back to living the life you deserve.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical therapist at Focus Physical Therapy Help You Get Rid of Your Pain?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your injury once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and put you out of playing your favorite sport and doing your favorite activity - we can help you to enjoy living with more energy each day, and return to doing what you love safely
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to needing to take all of those painkillers which are obviously not very good for your long-term health
- We can help you avoid dangerous surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room where you’ll be told to “rest” again
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that your injury has taken from you
- We can help you to finally be able to walk, and move freely, without worrying if the pain is going to get worse and stop you in your tracks
- The Focus Physical Therapy Team can help you get back to living life free from daily, annoying and frustrating Sports Injuries, and return to the exercise you love
It's normal to feel nervous or skeptical about Physical Therapy. You're unsure of its benefits or you're not sure if it's right for you or not. If that sounds like you, then start with a completely free, no obligation Discovery Session. This way, we can work with you to find out what is wrong and figure out what can be done, without any financial risk on your part
We all know the helpless feeling of trying everything and nothing is working. We want to give you the relief you FINALLY deserve. Click the link below to talk with one of our dedicated physical therapists and get the answers you've been waiting for. This phone call is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments with us after the call is over. Our goal is to help you make YOUR right decision.
We will help you get back to living free from the debilitating effects of sports injuries
Would you prefer to speak to a PT over the phone before coming to the clinic?
Get your FREE sports injury guide here: